Royal Oak 1925
Difficult to believe but this was the scene at the south eastern corner of Royal Oak junction in 1925. A period tram shelter stands in the shadows with an array of posters for 'Blue Trams' behind it with an ironmongers shop (remember them?) and its display of galvanised dustbins! stepladders and assorted domestic accoutrements to attract passing trade... The bulilding on the left will be demolished to widen the road junction here. Overhead tram wiring at least is evidence of the busy location for trams heading to Victoria Pier from Waterloo Road just off left, and Blackpool South Station (sorry Waterloo Road)( has its passenger entrance also on the far left of the image on top of the Waterloo Road railway bridge. From the Buckley Collection and John Woodman Archive.