It is 1935 on Blackpool's Promenade as three very traditional open balcony trams converge close to the Tower in this photograph. Blackpool is in the throes of 'rebranding' its buses and trams from red and white to green and 'ivory' under the management of Walter Luff. One of the new rail coach fleet is just visible heading south towards the Pleasure Beach. The Lytham St Annes 'Pullman' car in pale blue and white complements the Blackpool 'Standard' cars n this classic view of a long familiar location - much changed today, except of course for the famous 'Tower'. The 'Woolworth' building has yet to be erected on the site of the mock timber structure in the background.
Image : John Woodman Archive