Blackpool's Transport in the 1950s
Our title 'Municipal Transport Heyday' covering the 1950s and the story of Blackpool's buses and trams during an evolving decade which saw the Coronation Cars enter service and the introduction of the first trailer car set (in 1958) has been well received. So much so that only a half dozen copies are in stock.
Any enthusiast wishing to ensure he or she has a copy of this title in their collection should place their order online this week to avoid disappointment. A handful of copies are available at Yates Collectables on Waterloo Road, the Visitor Centre on the Promenade near North Pier (and the Heritage Tram Tour stop), and at Toys2Save Collectables shop in Cleveleys opposite the tram station.
Advance orders for the next title 'From Broadway to the Promenade - those elusive centre entrance double deck trams' can be placed online up to Sunday, through our shop. Thereafter the title will be priced without discount upon publication.
Below : Rigby Road Depot late 1950s with a mixed bunch line up including a railcoach with snow plough for that elusive harsh winter.
Lytham Road - no trams but two contrasting Burlingham buses heading south past rows of neatly turned out retail shops - offering all kinds of goods including stepladders it seems ! Both Images : John Woodman