The view of Blundell Street Depot (site) from Blackpool's transport offices with Council workmen beginning removal of the roof slating following the decision to demolish the entire structure : and this week with the site completely cleared and prepared for new housing development (2018) as part of the 'Foxhall Village' scheme. This will completely obliterate Blundell Street from the town plan as we know it.
Looking westward the former boarding houses between Tyldesley Road and along Blundell Street are cleared for the extension of newbuild homes. Princess Street in the far background will remain 'as is' whether or not the period single tram line will be retained as a 'feature' is uncertain. This was of course the very first depot access line from the promenade built to serve the conduit car fleet from 1885. Below a further view from Blackpool Transport Offices looking out on the built up phase of Foxhall Village which occupies the site of the former Corporation Gas Works and Foundry. Images : John Woodman