BRUSH CAR SURVIVORS
Its a long long way to restoration for the former Permanent Way Car originally numbered 287. Seen here inside Rigby Road Depot awaiting the call to the Body Shop whenever that will come. At least the tram retained its twin indicators (at one end dome only) as a model for future attention.
Note the centre entrance sliding doors which all of this class were originally fitted (air powered) - features copied by the post war Coronations and Blackpool's centre entrance buses.
Top Image : Sister car 290 owned by the FHLT stands at the rear of the depot - complete and capable of further service with attention to its motors and electrics. Just two examples from eight survivors of this twenty strong class built in 1937 still on the Fylde coast; a reflection of the importance of this classic UK tram design seen only in Blackpool.
Photos : John Woodman